- How do I prevent my child’s account from being charged overdraft fees?
Southland’s Teen Checking Accounts are not eligible for Courtesy Pay and are not subject to overdraft fees for everyday debit purchases and ATM withdrawals. Everyday debit card transactions and ATM withdrawals will not be authorized when there are insufficient funds available in the account.
- What if I do not want Courtesy Pay protection?
If you do not want Courtesy Pay, simply do nothing. You must opt-in to receive Courtesy Pay. If you are unsure or need help to understand the options available at Southland, let a Southland Representative help. Call 800.426.1917 or stop by your local Southland branch.
- If I do not opt-in for Courtesy Pay when will you stop paying my everyday overdraft debit card charges?
As of August 15, 2010, your Courtesy Pay protection will be eliminated if you do not opt-in. Changes in legislation require you to opt-in to be eligible for this program.
- How much does Courtesy Pay cost?
There is no cost to have Courtesy Pay. You are only charged should you need to use the service. You will be charged a fee of $30 for each item we pay.
- If I have Overdraft Protection from my Overdraft Line of Credit or Savings Account, do I still need Courtesy Pay?
Overdraft protection, which you may already have on your Southland Checking Account, allows us to automatically transfer money from your overdraft line of credit or savings account if your checking account is overdrawn. However, if you don’t have the funds available on your line of credit or in your savings account, your everyday debit card purchases and ATM withdrawals will be declined. That’s where Courtesy Pay can help. It allows your everyday debit card purchases to be approved, at Southland’s discretion.