Exclusively for Our Members....IDSafeChoice
Identity Theft is the fastest growing crime in the United States, impacting one of every 23 persons annually. It can occur without your knowledge and usually goes undetected for months, even years. Recovering your identity takes a significant investment in time and money to resolve. Due to the long lasting effects of this crime, it is important that you start a proactive approach to guarding your identity. A strong protection program can give you security and peace of mind.
At NO COST... As a Southland Credit Union Member, you receive complete identity theft restoration if identity theft strikes. To obtain these services after you discover you are a victim could cost hundreds, possibly thousands of dollars. Southland Credit Union provides this service to you for free!
- No registration is necessary—the benefit is automatic for Southland Members
- One phone call to Southland Credit Union will put you in touch with the Victim Assistance Center
- A Personal Recovery Advocate is assigned and starts recovery process within one business day
- Three credit reports are reviewed with you
- Fraud alerts are posted at all three credit bureaus
- Your rights as a victim are explained
- A Recovery plan is developed and documented for your review
- Your Recovery Advocate contacts and works with all agencies, financial institutions and companies affected
- Your Recovery Advocate completes and files all forms and follows up to make sure fraudulent activity is corrected
- Your Recovery Advocate will contact you at 30, 60 and 90 days after case is closed to determine if there are any additional problems
- The case remains on file for 36 months in case of re-occurrence
- You may access educational information to help you protect yourself and your family from identity theft
To report an identity theft incident—(Southland Members only)
Call Erick in Recovery Services at 800.426.1917 ext. 8720. Provide contact information and details why you think you are a potential victim of identity theft. A recovery advocate will be assigned and in-touch with you within one business day to begin the recovery process.