Insurance options from your community credit union
Did you know Southland offers several insurance benefits for its Members? Protect your family and your investments by asking how we can help.
Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance provided by Minnesota Life
Give your family peace of mind and financial security when you supplement your life insurance with additional coverage in the event of an accident, death or dismemberment. You'll be covered 24 hours a day for accidents that may happen anywhere, whether you’re at work, on vacation or at home.
Southland Members 18 years or older receive $1,000 free coverage and are eligible to purchase coverage up to $300,000.
AD&D Insurance Features
- Plan pays within one year of the date of the accident
- Affordable group rates
- Guaranteed issue, no need to submit health statement
- Dependent children may be eligible for coverage
- Premium is deducted from your Southland Savings Account quarterly
- Member-only or family plan coverage
- Benefit amounts available: $10,000, $25,000, $50,000, $100,000, $250,000 and $300,000
- Coverage is effective approximately 30 days from the date your enrollment form is returned to the Plan Administrator
- Coverage remains effective as long as premiums are paid, the master policy remains in force and your Southland account is maintained