Credit Card Key Points
Key points about credit cards
There are lots of important considerations when choosing a card or deciding whether a credit card is right for you. Keep these key points in mind.
They are a way to borrow money
Credit cards may look like debit cards, but they function completely differently. Every time you make a purchase with a credit card, you are borrowing money from the creditor (banks, credit unions) and you are expected to pay it back.
It costs money to carry a balance
Unless you pay your balance off in full and on time, you will owe additional money to your creditor in interest charges and fees. The APR, which may be fixed or variable, determines the cost of borrowing money annually.
There are many options available
Credit cards come with a wide variety of features, fees, and rewards programs. To decide whether getting a credit card is the right choice for you, do your research and compare offers from multiple creditors. You may want to
- Southland donates meals for first responders
- Southland Visa®
- Eat, Drink & Shop Local During COVID-19
- 5 Ways to Boost Your Financial Health Amidst COVID-19
- Prepping for College in Uncertain Times
- CUSmile: Together Today Prize Giveaways
- Southland named one of the Best Credit Unions to Work For
- Branch Hours Update: Effective 10/12/2020
- President's Message
- 10 Fun Facts About Credit Unions
- Why Is There a Coin Shortage?
- 2020 Holiday Toy Drive
- Southland's Holiday Club Accounts