Credit Card Next Steps
Next steps for credit cards
Do your research and compare offers
There is no single perfect card out there, but you should compare offers to find the best deal for you. Select a card that has manageable risks and rewards that serve your lifestyle.
Use only strategically
Credit cards may be an excellent way to earn rewards and build credit history, but they are also a common source of debt. Be sure to use a credit card only if you can pay off at least the minimum balance, although paying off your full balance is recommended. Make sure to stay on top of your bill payments.
Credit cards can put you at risk of your card information being stolen. Make sure to monitor your account very closely, and keep an eye on your credit report to watch for suspicious activity.
- Southland donates meals for first responders
- Southland Visa®
- Eat, Drink & Shop Local During COVID-19
- 5 Ways to Boost Your Financial Health Amidst COVID-19
- Prepping for College in Uncertain Times
- CUSmile: Together Today Prize Giveaways
- Southland named one of the Best Credit Unions to Work For
- Branch Hours Update: Effective 10/12/2020
- President's Message
- 10 Fun Facts About Credit Unions
- Why Is There a Coin Shortage?
- 2020 Holiday Toy Drive
- Southland's Holiday Club Accounts