We have faced many challenges already this year. The global pandemic and economic recession combined with acts of social injustice have affected each of us in different ways. We are learning lessons on how we can do better — how we are responsible for reflecting on our actions and our ability to be empathetic toward the experiences of others.
Our hearts go out to those who are suffering, and as your Credit Union we are committed to doing our part. Southland's role is to ensure we are upholding our mission of providing exceptional, comprehensive, and innovative financial solutions, delivered with uniquely personal Southland service. We will demonstrate our Southland service in the following ways:
• Ensure the health and safety of our Associates and Members by providing a clean and safe banking environment.
• Help those who have been financially impacted by COVID-19 with loan payment deferrals and emergency loans.
• Remain strong and financially secure with deposits insured by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA).
• Provide access to resources and education to support your financial wellness.
• Deliver courteous service and helpful financial solutions to every Southland Member.
At Southland, our top priority is the financial and physical wellness of our Members. To better the lives of our Members and local communities, we pride ourselves in delivering The Southland Difference, always. As we prepare for a post-COVID world, our branches will continue to expand safety and sanitary protocols to ensure we all remain safe, together.
I am proud of the work our Associates have done over the past months to ensure our branches are open to serve you. To date, we have provided over 1,400 loan payment deferrals to our Members, plus more than $150,000 in emergency relief loans.
To do our part for our communities, Southland has donated over $22,500, or the equivalent of 3,124 meals to aid health care employees with free meals at our local hospitals, medical centers and first responder organizations. We will continue to find ways to give back. We stand ready to work hard in service to you and our local neighborhoods.
I want to remind you that Southland Credit Union is here for all Members, of all backgrounds. We are here to serve Members of any race, ethnicity, nationality, gender, orientation, or religion. It has always been the founding principle of credit unions to embrace the idea of regular, everyday people uniting to build a better way to bank – as a collective. We continue to live by the philosophy of people helping people every day.
On behalf of Southland Credit Union, we look forward to helping you thrive today and in the future. Together, we will emerge from these challenges stronger and more unified.
Stay safe and well,
Thomas G. Lent, CPA
President & CEO
Southland Credit Union
- Special Edition of Southland Times Out Now
- Southland donates meals for first responders
- Southland Visa®
- Celebrating Youth Month
- Eat, Drink & Shop Local During COVID-19
- Everything You Need to Know About Economic Impact Payments
- 5 Ways to Boost Your Financial Health Amidst COVID-19
- Make a Deposit From Anywhere With Mobile Deposits
- Prepping for College in Uncertain Times
- 4 Simple Financial Fitness Activities that Parents & Students Can Do at Home