Southland Credit Union is committed to providing clean and safe service. We are carefully following local, state and national health guidance, and at this time, all Southland branches are now open to serve Members. We have established contingency measures to prevent the possible transmission of COVID-19 should anyone at a Southland office or branch location become infected.
Message from the President and CEO
While we find ourselves in uncharted territory as we deal with the effects of the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, Southland Credit Union is proud to remain your secure resource for your banking needs. The health and safety of our Members and Associates is our priority, and we have taken several steps to respond to the crisis.
We understand that many of our Members need us now more than ever, and we are available to help. If you have been financially impacted by COVID-19, Southland is offering loan payment deferment and a personal emergency loan with special rates and terms.
Members may also take advantage of any of the many alternatives to in-person branch visits. Our Contact Center is open to assist you, Online and Mobile banking services are available, the CO-OP ATM network allows access to cash at any time, and loan payments can be completed online with our Payment Center.
Your choice to bank with your community Credit Union means that your deposits are safe. Your funds are insured by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA). Members have never lost a penny of insured savings with Southland.
With all of the uncertainty in the markets, you may have questions about your retirement planning. I’m pleased to welcome Scott Gevertz, our newest Wealth Advisor to the Southland Investment Services team. Scott is available for complimentary phone consultations to answer questions and review your options.
In March, we maintained our commitment as a Member-owned financial institution by hosting our annual meeting and elections. This is an essential process to ensure your Credit Union is transparent and open to comment from the general membership. On behalf of the Board of Directors and Supervisory Committee, thank you for your participation and willingness to send in your comments remotely. Our Annual Report is now available.
Your financial and physical wellness is important to us. We stand ready to assist you and your family during any hardship and look forward to continuing to serve you in the brighter days to come.
Stay safe and well,
Thomas G. Lent, CPA
President & CEO
Please visit our Locations page for the most up-to-date branch access information.
Southland has implemented temporary changes to branch hours and access. All branches are closed on Saturday. Please help us ensure the health and safety of everyone in the branch by maintaining proper social distancing. Shared branch access is temporarily-suspended at all Southland branch locations.
For the safety of our Members and Associates, face coverings are required to enter all branches.
Southland is ready to assist Members who have been
financially impacted by COVID-19
Loan deferment or a personal emergency loan with special rates and terms is available for those affected.
- To apply for a loan deferment, please complete the Loan Deferment Assistance form.
- To apply for an emergency loan, please complete the Online Loan Application.
Midwest Mortgage Members who have been affected by the Coronavirus may contact the Midwest Loss Mitigation Department at 1-800-240-4214 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What we are doing for our Members
- We have installed hand sanitizing stations at all Southland branches.
- Additional cleaning and sanitizing measures are in place.
- Our Associates have been advised on proper attendance and hygiene protocol as published by the CDC.
- Remote account access is available through online and mobile banking, as well as the CO-OP ATM network.
- As an alternative to in-person branch visits, Members can reach us through our Contact Center or send us a Secure Message through online or mobile banking.
- Loan payment deferments may be requested for those affected by the Coronavirus. Please complete the Loan Deferment Assistance form to request your deferment.
What you can do to limit your exposure
As a reminder, here are additional steps you can take to protect yourself when conducting banking or personal business:
- Access your account remotely from your computer or mobile device 24/7 with Online Banking or the Southland Mobile App. View transactions and balances, deposit checks, make payments, and more.
- Take advantage of contactless payment methods such as Apple Pay, Google Pay, etc.
- Use social distancing when entering our branches.
- If you receive a call or text asking for your account information, please do not respond.
- Be on the lookout for potential phishing emails and do not click on suspicious links or attachments.
- If you suspect fraudulent activity on your Southland accounts, please contact us.