The latest COVID-19 safety precautions
In accordance with the July 15, 2021 announcement from the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health, masks are required indoors at all Southland Credit Union branches, regardless of vaccination status, effective Monday, July 19.
Please visit our Locations page for the most up-to-date branch access information.
Southland is ready to assist Members who have been
financially impacted by COVID-19
Loan deferment or a personal emergency loan with special rates and terms is available for those affected.
- To apply for a loan deferment, please complete the Loan Deferment Assistance form.
- To apply for an emergency loan, please complete the Online Loan Application.
Midwest Mortgage Members who have been affected by the Coronavirus may contact the Midwest Loss Mitigation Department at 1-800-240-4214 or email email@example.com.
What we are doing for our Members
- We have installed hand sanitizing stations at all Southland branches.
- Additional cleaning and sanitizing measures are in place.
- Our Associates have been advised on proper attendance and hygiene protocol as published by the CDC.
- Remote account access is available through online and mobile banking, as well as the CO-OP ATM network.
- As an alternative to in-person branch visits, Members can reach us through our Contact Center or send us a Secure Message through online or mobile banking.
- Loan payment deferments may be requested for those affected by the Coronavirus. Please complete the Loan Deferment Assistance form to request your deferment.
What you can do to limit your exposure
As a reminder, here are additional steps you can take to protect yourself when conducting banking or personal business:
- Access your account remotely from your computer or mobile device 24/7 with Online Banking or the Southland Mobile App. View transactions and balances, deposit checks, make payments, and more.
- Take advantage of contactless payment methods such as Apple Pay, Google Pay, etc.
- Use social distancing when entering our branches.
- If you receive a call or text asking for your account information, please do not respond.
- Be on the lookout for potential phishing emails and do not click on suspicious links or attachments.
- If you suspect fraudulent activity on your Southland accounts, please contact us.