Prepping for College in Uncertain Times
As we all know too well, the ongoing coronavirus pandemic has left no part of society untouched. Given the uncertainty of whether colleges will re-open this fall for in-person classes, coupled with the new financial challenges brought on by the pandemic, many families are facing difficult decisions in the coming days and weeks.
That’s why Southland has developed several solutions to help you.
With all of the misinformation, we wanted to provide some clear guidance on topics relevant to our college-bound families and members. With information ranging from college planning during the pandemic to advice on negotiating with a college for more financial aid, our hub is full of helpful, relevant information. Students and parents can access pages on topics like: Managing Your Loans and Navigating College Planning during the Coronavirus Pandemic, as well as Appealing Your Award Letter.
Flexible College Funding
Apply now, borrow later. We know that determining your fall college funding needs may be a challenge. Don’t worry – with our private education line of credit, we’ve got you covered. Even if you’re unsure of the college you’ll be attending or the exact loan amount you may need, you can establish your private education line of credit today. Then, once your plans have been finalized, you can come back to request the exact funding you need.
Our College Access & Repayment Counselor can provide personal, one-on-one consultation for all of your financial aid questions. Whether you’re a parent, high school student, or college graduate entering loan repayment, our counselor can walk you through the necessary steps to make smart decisions about paying for college – and beyond.
Why secure funding with Southland? Check out some of these great benefits:
• Helpful online resource hub with relevant content
• Flexible funding – apply now, borrow later
• Personalized, one-on-one support
• Borrow from a trusted, not-for-profit community credit union
Subject to credit qualification and annual credit review. Must meet school's Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) requirements. Approved schools subject to change without notification.
- Special Edition of Southland Times Out Now
- Southland donates meals for first responders
- Southland Visa®
- Celebrating Youth Month
- Eat, Drink & Shop Local During COVID-19
- Everything You Need to Know About Economic Impact Payments
- 5 Ways to Boost Your Financial Health Amidst COVID-19
- Make a Deposit From Anywhere With Mobile Deposits
- Prepping for College in Uncertain Times
- 4 Simple Financial Fitness Activities that Parents & Students Can Do at Home